|1/4 yd||Lightest gray fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Half-Square Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Light gray fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Half-Square Triangles|
|1/2 yd||Medium gray fabric||Cut (16) 6 1/2″ Half-Square Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Darker gray fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Half-Square Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Black fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Half-Square Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Lightest mint green fabric||Cut (1) 6 1/2″ Square|
|1/4 yd||Mint green fabric||Cut (4) 6 1/2″ Squares|
|1/2 yd||Light green fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Squares|
|1/2 yd||Medium green fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Squares|
|1/2 yd||Deep green fabric||Cut (8) 6 1/2″ Squares|
|1/2 yd||Deepest green fabric||Cut (4) 6 1/2″ Squares|
|3/4 yd||White fabric||Cut (48) 6 1/2″ Half-Square Triangles|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (6) 2 1/2″ wide Strips x WOF|
|3 1/2 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 1 1/4 yd pieces|
|60″ x 60″||Batting|
- Finished Size: 54″ x 54″
- All seam allowances are 1/4″ unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- Sew a pair of white and light gray Half-Square Triangles, right sides together, along the diagonal seam to form a square. Press towards the darker color. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles from each color are sewn together with white Half-Square Triangles to form squares.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, arrange the Squares and the Half-Square Triangle units in rows.
- Sew each row of nine Squares and the Half-Square Triangle units together. Press the seams of even numbered rows towards the right and the odd towards the left.
- Sew the rows together, nesting the seams, to form the quilt top. Press.
- Sew the two 1 1/4 yd pieces of the backing fabric together along the selvedge edge to make the backing.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4″ seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.