DO YOU OWN A FABI FABRIC CUTTING MACHINE?
We’ve seen customers who own Fabi cutting machines abandoning them because they think that there aren’t quilting dies available. We wanted to let you know that the Sizzix Big Shot dies will fit through a Fabi, so that you can keep using it.
Any Sizzix Big Dies no more than six inches wide will go through the Fabi. So, it’s time to get it out of storage and start crafting again today!
Here at Annie’s Designs, we carry the full range of Sizzix Quilting Dies. We even have the 26” long strip dies for cutting strips from ½” to 5”!
We’re right here in Australia and the range of over 300 dies is available to purchase online. We also stock accessories for the machines including cutting mats and adapters. Read on to find out everything you need to about the Sizzix range and some of our top tips for use.
The Big Shot/Fabi can cut up to 8 layers of quilting fabric. It can also cut paper, cork, plastic, leather, and thin craft metal. You can even use the machine for papercraft and card making. This is perfect for all of you who love to mix up your crafts and try out new things.
The dies are made with steel-rule construction which allows for years of use with no need for sharpening, ever! All dies carry a 3 year warranty so you know that you can buy with confidence.
The Big Shot/Fabi maximizes fabric use by aligning the fabric to the blade’s edge instead of the die’s edge. We know how annoying it can be to waste precious fabric on inaccurate cutting, but this solves the problem.
It can cut up to a 5” Square, 5” Strip & 5” Circles. There is a die available for every project:
- Squares starting at 1 ½” through to 5”.
- Hexagons start at ½” through to 2 ¼”. We recommend that you buy one for fabric and another other to cut your paper templates.
- Strips start at ½” and go up to 5”. The 2 ½” strip is the most popular in quilting, especially for binding. The machine can cut up to 16 strips in one pass.
- Circles start at ¼” up 5”.
Many well-known quilters have licensed dies with Sizzix, which we stock:
- Jenny Doan – Missouri Star Quilt Company
- Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts – Modern quilts with geometric designs.
- Kid Giddy – Kerry designs softee toys including dolls and whales
- Roseann Meehan Kermes – Rosebud’s Cottage wool applique dies. We stock lots of different designs for all seasons.
- Sara Lawson – Sew Sweetness Dies for pouches, purses, and bags. We also stock the frames to complete your project. These make great gifts.
- Jennifer Jangles – softie toys
- Tim Holtz – holiday designs ready for the festive season.
Our top tips for use:
- Perform a test cut first to confirm shape is your desired size
- You do not need to worry about it moving while you crank the handle, the center part of the machine is stable – this ensures perfect stability while your fabric passes through the rollers. Your cuts will all be the same each and every time!
- If your machine feels tight, try removing a layer and then continue cutting
We want you to know that you can always get in touch if you have questions. Just give us a call or email. Whatever method is best for you, please do get in touch – we’re to help and find you the answers that you need. You can also find lots of information on our website, especially in the videos section.
Grab your Fabi or Big Shot, choose some great new dies and see where your imagination takes you.