Sew Sweetness Airplane Bag Pattern
This set of bags is perfect for travel. Available in two sizes (regular and long), you will be able to pack a few days worth of clothing and essentials inside! The bottom of the bag is sturdy, and the top zipper is easy to install (if you have made a zipper pouch before, you will be able to do this easily!) – no hand sewing necessary!
Regular 15-1/2” long x 17-1/2” tall x 6-1/2” deep
Long 18-1/2” x 14-1/2” tall x 8-1/2” deep
Supplies Needed to Make This Bag (the supplies needed in this list will make 1 bag, either the regular or long bag)
- 3/4 yard of Exterior Fabric A (for top half of bag)
- 1/2 yard of Exterior Fabric B (for bottom half of bag)
- 1/4 yard of fabric for the straps
- 1 yard of Lining Fabric
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the zippered pockets
- 3 yards of Pellon® SF-101 Shape Flex® fusible woven interfacing (or lightweight fusible interfacing)
- 1 yard of By Annie’s Soft and Stable™, available at local quilt shops or on-line (Soft and Stable is a 1/8” thick, foam sew-in interfacing; one of my testers also recommends automotive headliner fabric in place of the Soft and Stable; you can also substitute a needled fleece fusible interfacing for the Soft and Stable, such as Pellon #TP971F Thermolam Plus fusible interfacing)
- 3/4 yard of Pellon #70 Peltex sew-in interfacing (or an extra-heavy sew-in interfacing)
- 26” sport zipper for size long, 24” sport zipper for size regular (a sport zipper is a thicker, separating zipper)
- Two 12” zippers (or a longer zipper may be used and trimmed down after sewing)
Please note, Sew Sweetness Airplane Bag is a pattern, it is not a die!
Copyright ©Sew Sweetness 2016
Sewn items made from Sew Sweetness sewing patterns may be sold by the home sewist at craft fairs and on-line.